2/19/2014

Finishing up training and leaving Rio

Don't like leaving like I don't like orange gatorade



Some techniques I've just learnt (done poorly) when your opponent breaks the far sleeve grip in single leg guard. Notice that I am gripping thumb down which makes the grip on the lapel harder to break. Also the leg that is pushing the guy should be straight at all times until rolling under

Technique 1:


Technique 2:


Overall, it was a really nice stay. In addition to a few techniques, one thing I will sometimes try to incorporate into my training is doing longer rounds every once in a while. I feel that in Finland, rounds tend to be 5 or 6 minutes while in Rio the majority we did were 8 minutes. Sometimes I get too used in doing 6 minutes so I never push myself over that limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment