12/19/2012

Freestyle wrestling like GSP

Although I have been training jiu jitsu again consistently after returning, I have strong urge to train more mma and wrestling in particular. The reason for this is that I would like to improve my scrambling and takedown skills a bit more. I am still in thinking whether I should "cross-train" in mma or freestyle wrestling.

I while ago in Denmark we were training a knee-tap to direction change (to double leg or something else) stakedown series which has been used by GSP multiple times fighting in the UFC. The general idea of these direction change combos is that your opponent will have a much harder time keeping his hips heavy when the angle of the takedown pressure is changing constantly.

I was also told the knee tap is much harder to do when your already clinching with your opponent. Instead in mma it should be the entry takedown when your opponent goes for a jab or a cross.

Here is a quick video on MMA trainer Carsten revising the combos to me through a foggy lens


Here is a compilation video of GSP doing it in his fights.

3 comments:

  1. I have read your blog its very attractive and impressive. I like it your blog.

    Java Online Training Java EE Online Training Java EE Online Training Java 8 online training

    Java Online Training from India Java Online Training from India

    ReplyDelete
  2. JavaScript is the language future. The new JavaScript Version (Ecmascript 6) has been released.

    Javascript Online Training | Angularjs Online Training


    Java Online Training

    ReplyDelete
  3. Java Online Training Java Online Training Java Online Training Java Online Training Java Online Training

    Hibernate Online Training Hibernate Online Training

    ReplyDelete