12/12/2011

Morning training today

I went to morning practice today at 7 am before I had to go to work. Felt surprisingly easy to get up despite it was still pitch black. For me it is quite easy to get up early one time per week but if I try to do more I feel really tired while training.

This morning we were doing north south escape drill (spinning to guard, turning to single leg etc.) which were great drills for early morning because they open up your back in the process. It is funny how sometimes I can’t even throw my legs over my head in the morning but in the evening I’m flexible like a ballet dancer. We also did some sparring but due to my poor warm up, the sparring pace was quite slow.

Morning practice is really great for doing drills. Especially because it feels like even my brain is not completely awake and then I drill which could make the movements kind of automatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment