11/10/2011

Swimming for BJJ conditioning

Went swimmning today to my local indoor pool. This is now the second time this week. Although I am not the best swimmer I kinda like it. (It might actually be better if you have lousy technique so you have spend twice as much energy)

More importantly I think swimming might one of the better options to get in shape for BJJ. It does wonders to your cardio and helps to develop upper body strength. If I'd just go running, I would feel like it's the wrong type of cardio for BJJ. Running hills might be good, but getting exchausted while swimming really resembles getting exchausted while grappling...

Another thing it that swimming is good when you have muscle pain to open the muscles up. It doesn't put strain on your joints either...(unlike lifting and running).

Besides Minotauro Nogueira is a swimmer too..

No comments:

Post a Comment