10/12/2011

Breaking down shoulder pressure

Today I was drilling shoulder pressure and side chokes. The way I originally found out how to apply shoulder pressure were the instructional videos by Trumpet Dan on youtube. He focuses on analyzing Roger Gracie's game and his shoulder pressure. I been told a few additional details to help apply this type of shoulder pressure, most important of which is to pull the guy's head under your shoulder while the fingers are hooking his armpit properly (for the little extra squeeze!)

As I am concentrating on things I drill at the time, I will shortly write something about the Rafael Mendes x-pass that was taught to me my Todd Tanaka of Relson Gracie during my trip to Hawaii this summer. Probably have to do it on video.

A must view by Trumpet Dan (repeat 5 times):

No comments:

Post a Comment